Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wavepool Abortion - ЖЕРТВА АБОРТА [2011]


Don't remember how I came across these guys, but the songs have been more or less stuck in my head since I first heard them. According to their bandcamp page, Wavepool Abortion (charming name, right?) are from Moscow, and they churn out blissful pop tunes that swirl 'round and 'round the toilet bowl until being ultimately flushed into punk oblivion. As the toilet metaphor might suggest, the fi is pretty shit on this tape, but not in a 'oh they're just playing an aesthetic for the sake of itself' sort of way. I don't know why I feel the need to defend the lo-fi-ness of everything I post matching that description -- this shit is streaming below so my scribblings on the matter are entirely unnecessary.

Originally released by DZ Tapes on cassette in a batch of 100, I don't know how many (if any) are left, but you can order one from the link below. Or just download for the wonderful price of 'whatever you want.'



Order ЖЕРТВА АБОРТА at DZ Tapes
More insanity available at DZ Tapes

No comments:

Post a Comment