Monday, November 19, 2012

Puke Skywalker - Poison EP [2012]


So I dig this Puke Skywalker stuff for a couple of reasons. One is that it's a name I was often called in grade school by the ever-so creative dipshits with whom I was educated. Another is that this dude used to maintain an excellent music blog that had a lot of influence on the stuff I've listened to in the past few years. A third is that this guy makes some sick, often bizzare, always interesting remix music. 

This EP is a different animal than the Tripper Crust EP I posted some months back. While that one dealt exclusively in blastbeats and grind sounds, Poison has an almost optimistic sound (I'm reminded of James Ferraro's Far Side Virtual stuff), and could even be perceived as 'danceable.' It opens up with a reworking of the VU's 'I'm Set Free,' followed by an Alan Parsons Project tune. He still manages to work in some early 90s powerviolence samples, but it doesn't run the show this time.

Get into this and share it with your weirdo friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude, I have a new release out.

    Check it out here if you want:
    http://pukeskywalker.bandcamp.com/album/we-all-die

    Free mediafire download of it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9an2kzdi5k1uxp7/Puke_Skywalker_-_We_All_Die_EP.zip

    ReplyDelete