Thursday, March 1, 2012

Puke Skywalker - Tripper Crust EP [2012]


Puke Skywalker is one of the first music blogs I ever started following, and is responsible for introducing me to some of the bands I love most (Can, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Grazhdanskaya Oborona, etc.). Posting dropped off for a good while there, only to return with some creations of the author himself.

This EP is a bunch of punk/hardcore/crust songs sampled and cut up to create new 'songs.' Which makes perfect sense if you think about it: bands constantly rehash and rearrange chord changes, guitar leads, vocal rhythms, and drum beats when making 'real' punk music; Puke Skywalker is different from that only technically. I'm honestly surprised I haven't heard other people doing this (I assume they're out there).

Anyway, the music is intense as fuck and samples Infest, Anal Cunt, and some other stuff I'm not really familiar with. But I gotta say, there is something incredibly gratifying about hearing blast beats at a speed that may or may not be humanly possible. Also, the artwork is sick.

Fuck the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment